Access controls can be your company’s first line of defense from to completely restricting a high-security area.
There are a lot of options on the market for you to select from, all serving different purposes from securing external entry to limiting internal employee access. Nex Industrial can help you pick the correct solution, and install the products to ensure your satisfaction.
Types of Access Control Systems
- Security Gates
- Barrier Arms
- Pedestrian Doors Alarms, Strikes, Controls
- Alarm Systems & Monitoring
Depending on your company’s specific needs, there are several different controls that you may find useful as a solution to restrict access; such as:
- Discretionary Access Control: based on particular permissions, the dataholder can allow or bar access to all, some or none of the resources or spaces that the person is requesting to enter.
- History-Based Access Control: depending on the time between requests, the system can disallow access if the intervals are too short.
- Identity-Based Access Control: this kind of system works to control traffic at the individual-level, based on each person’s specific clearance (via cellphone, Key-code, Key-fob)
- Role-Based Access Control: depending on the person’s role, they can be denied or granted access to certain spaces that can be deemed necessary (or not) to their function.
- Rule-Based Access Control: you can provide the specific parameters in which someone can access the barred resource, such as a particular time interval or certain designated days.
Why You Would Want an Access Control System
The main goal achieved by implementing an access control system is to ensure the safety and security of the building, its’ valuables and your employees/clients. They allow you to easily modify, restrict and update who has access to what.
In addition you will also be able to create an automated list of who has entered (and possibly exited) what area at any time, eliminating manual tracking. Another benefit is to allow temporary access to parts of your building for issues such as repair or visitors and specific times of day.